Sunday, May 20, 2007

Latest update on Asma's condition

I got a mail from Mrinal yesterday. He informs me that Asma has been admitted to Sylhet Osmani Hospital again because of a problem she is having as a result of her current medication. This is not serious but Dr. Iftekhar asked us to arrange to move her to Dhaka for better treatment and Mrinal is arranging that with the help of others.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you who have responded to the plight of this child and made donations. I have not met Asma's family but I am sure they would also like to thank you for your kind support.
So far we have collected a total of $440 from a few generous individuals.
I would like to ask all of you to spread the word to your friends by email or in any other means and donate whatever you can and not wait for later.
Mrinal is currently waging a fundraising campaign in Sylhet and he has collected Tk. 30000 so far. Our goal is Tk. 2 Lakhs to meet her expenses in Dhaka and as you can see-- we have not reached that goal yet.
We also want to remain financially prepared in case she needs to be moved to India or another country.
Dr. Iftekhar promised me he will follow up with St. Jude Children's Hospital of Tennesse on their offer to consult for free and offer treatment options.
I will inform you all about this when I have heard back from him.

Greetings and stay safe wherever you are.

No comments: