Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update on Asma's condition and Reply from St. Jude Children's Hospital

I had a brief phone conversation with Dr. Iftekhar today.
He informed me that he checked Asma today and her condition is stable now.
He also told me that if she could be transferred to Dhaka, she could get better treatment.

Meanwhile I also got an email reply from the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital authorities regarding Asma.
Basically, they told me that they must have an ongoing protocol (treatment program) to be able to treat a patient and that they do not have an open protocol at this time.

However, they offered to consult with Asma's treating physician(s) at no charge and offer recommendations and other treatment options.

I have informed Dr. Iftekhar about this and he will get in touch with St. Jude soon.
I will post an update when I hear back from him.

No comments: